Mafia XD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia XD

Viva la Mafeya

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LOL WTF- Abbreviations!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ilkanta
Made of Awesome
Ilkanta

LOL WTF- Abbreviations! Empty
PostSubject: LOL WTF- Abbreviations!   LOL WTF- Abbreviations! I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:51 pm

Will be added to as my laziness and memory allows.

BG
Bad guy.
An anti-town player, not necessarily Mafia.

Breaking Strategy
A strategy that implements bugs in the game setup or is otherwise "unfair", usually tilting the odds of victory severely in one direction.

C9
Hexadecimal shorthand for a series of setups.

After some initial newbie games on MafiaScum, breaking strategies were quickly found for such a small game with fixed and known roles- for such a small open setup. As a result a semi-open setup was designed, now known collectively as C9, where the game is just stated to be a C9 game and the setup is one of the following:

1 Cop, 1 Doc, 2 Mafia, 3 Townies;
1 Cop, 2 Mafia, 4 Townies
1 Doc, 2 Mafia, 4 Townies
2 Mafia, 5 Townies

Hence;
COP DOCTOR
1 1
1 0
0 1
0 0

Or the number sequence 11100100, which shortens to C9.

CA / California
Setup shorthand.

A 7-man setup consisting of only one power role, a Sane cop, amidst 2 goons and 4 townies. Named CA on a similar logic from C9, and nicknamed California Mafia.

Closed Setup
A game in which the roles present are not known to the players. See Open Setup.

Dethy
Short for Dethwing Classic.

A five-man setup which consists of one Paranoid Cop, one Insane Cop, one Naive Cop, one Sane Cop, and one Mafia.

EBWOP
Edit By Way of Post- replying to the thread to edit typos or similar errors, as editing is not allowed in Mafia games.

Goon
Mafia.

IGMEOY
I've Got My Eye On You.

FOS
Finger of Suspicion. Used to demonstrate suspicion without it being an actual vote. See HOS.

HOS
Hand of Suspicion. Rather more dramatic than the FOS. Does not necessarily equate to five (four) FOSes.

L-1/L-2/etc.
In which the player is 1, 2, or whatever number of votes away from being lynched.

LAL
Lynch All Liars. Usually used in an ironic or snarky context, sometimes used seriously.

Lylo
Lynch or Lose.

Mafiosos
Not the plural form of Mafioso, but we encourage the use thereof anyway just to annoy people.

NK
Nightkill.

OMGUS
Oh My God, You Suck!
Usually used in the context of "That was an OMGUS Vote"- a vote for someone purely in the context that they are voting for you, and for no other reason.

Open Setup
A setup in which all the roles are given to the players and guaranteed to be true (i.e you know that there is a cop and a doctor in an open setup game).See Closed Setup.

PM
Pivate message.

PR
Post restriction.

QFT
Quoted for Truth (or Truthery).
In which a player quotes another's post/statement/analysis/etc. to demonstrate agreement.

SK
Serial Killer.

Vanilla
Usually used in the context of Vanilla townie. A role with absolutely no abilities besides his vote and ability to discuss in the day.

Vig
Vigilante. Also used as a general term for daykill roles.

WIFOM
Wine In Front of Me.

"Now, where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right, and who is dead."

"But it's so simple! All I have to do is divine from what I know of you. Are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet, or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I'm not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool; you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me."

- The Princess Bride

So goes the scene from the movie that the term is lifted from. Used to cite circular logic, reverse-reverse psychology. Click HERE for a game theory analysis on the MafiaScum wiki.
Back to top Go down
http://ilkanta.livejournal.com

LOL WTF- Abbreviations!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mafia XD :: Beyond the Game :: The Library-
Jump to: